[NTLK] Old Technologies

Don Zahniser dzahniser at rochester.rr.com
Fri Feb 19 20:50:18 EST 2010

On Feb 19, 2010, at 8:28 PM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> I wish I could find all my slides and other souvenirs now.  I do
> still have
> a photo of me with Jerry Lucas (the Knicks) along with his
> autograph.  It
> was a hopeful time:  all the science pavilions were full of all the
> great
> things we could look forward to in the future.

Just the other day, I came across the 1963 US Mint set that I picked
up as a souvenir.  I also have a 'radioactive' dime around.  Wish I
had a picture of me with King Hussein of Jordan when he came through
the RCA pavilion for an interview in the TV studio.

On the 'obsolete technologies' front.  Think of all the companies/
brands that had pavilions that are either defunct, sold overseas, or
a shadow of their former selves.  I can think of a few that were
there:  Singer, Bell & Howell, (I think), RCA, AT&T, Polaroid,
Kodak.  I'm a 'retiree' of the latter...

  - Don