[NTLK] Connecting an H1000

Andy Rawlins andy.rawlins at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 20 17:24:17 EST 2010

I wonder if anyone can help me with my connectivity problems with my Messagepad.  I have had some advice from your good selves and this is where I am now:

The H1000 runs 1.1 software.  I don't have a serial port on any of my Macs or PCs so bought a Keyspan USA28.  This works fine with my eMate on Snow Leopard and NCU but the H1000 is more difficult.

I have a couple of Powermac G3s.  On the one I got today I have finally managed to get OS9.2 working properly and also have Panther on it. In 9.2, NCK works fine but the Keyspan driver for OS9 doesn't recognise the USA28.

In Panther, the Keyspan is fine and I can open Classic environment.  However, when I try to start NCK it just hangs indefinitely taking all the CPU.  NCK won't install from within Panther, only directly in OS9.2.

I have tried NewTen with various OSX machines but it doesn't connect to the Newton.

So I have all the components that I need, I just can't get all of them to work at the same time.  I really like the H1000 but would at least like to get v1.3 on it and maybe some other Programmes.  Plus I need to be able to back it up if I'm going to use it for anything important.

Can anyone shed any light on how to get NCK running through Classic?

Many thanks

Andy