[NTLK] Old Technologies

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Mon Feb 22 10:20:14 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG at aafes.com> wrote:
> Wow that is fascinating!
>
> So was it a front loading device like today's CD players?
>
> And a video recorder in 1963?   Wow cool.   A lot of programs I would have recorded in the 60's and 70's.

The 45 player for cars is new to me. I hated 8 track, because the
tapes were always getting eaten.

When I was in college in the '80s, though, I had one of these. It was
brutal heavy and big--and that was without the 10 D-cells necessary to
power it from batteries. ;-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eris/42403517/

It was made by Sanyo, but I can't remember its model or anything now.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland