[NTLK] Airport Card on eMate (or other Wifi solution)

R A Parker QuadzillaNET at SBCGlobal.net
Sun Jan 3 13:30:00 EST 2010

OK... Yes,  here's proof that an eMate can do email, and do it using a Wifi card. However, it does has its caveats.

Receiving email on an eMate is not that practical. While your Wifi card is inserted and, you are receiving your emails... the only storage for these incoming emails will be your "Internal" store. Not a good idea for POP, but... you might get away with it, if you try using IMAP.

My wife's eMate has had its internal memory upgraded and I use a 16MB Linear Flash (read only, mind you) in its (one and only expansion slot. That 16MB card is for any important apps I must have when not, online (WaveLAN card inserted). Well planned, that leaves me with 1,290K left on my internal storage.

Don't let me discourage you. The eMate is a hot little editor, with keyboard, spell check, thesaurus,  text-to-speech, and I could go on. For  eMail, just be aware of its limitations.

Stick with a low volume POP account, or use IMAP for receiving headers only.

BTW: I recommend a true WaveLAN Gold or equivalent. I have an Lucent Orinoco (Gold) for mine (ahem, my wife's) eMate. Looks cool sticking out the side, there, with the words Orinoco sitting sideways... and all.

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/458003844/in/set-172646/>

Keep going, and keep it green!

Sincerely,

Ron A. Parker

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless eMate 300.
--
     |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
Wireless Text Messaging - Virus Free Since 2003