[NTLK] Revisiting Printing

Julian Wright julianwr at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jan 5 18:21:14 EST 2010

On 1/01/2010, at 9:03 PM, Tony Kan wrote:

> I have no experience with an HP 350 but on the HP 340 there is an
> annoyance when
> printing from Notes:  the vertical alignment seems to be off and the
> first line
> starts too low and the bottom half dozen lines are not printed.  It
> might have
> been fixed when the 350 rolled off the assembly line...

Last time I used my HP 340 (or 350 - I can't remember) printer with my
MP2100 I
found that if I printed my agenda via IrDA that the bottom line was
printed on
the second page if the agenda was large enough - but by connecting the
Newton
Print Pack and printing the same agenda over the cable it would all
fit on one
page. You have to select a different driver on the Newt when changing
between
wired and IrDA so I guess the paper margins were different and I never
found a
way of redefining them for the IrDA driver.

I ended up just taking my NPP cable with me (it was less bulky than
the printer!

Incidentally I was able to get a replacement battery pack for the
printer at the
time, but there must have been some fault with the pack or the printer
as it
completely discharged after a few hours, even if it was left turned
off. :( I
worked around that one by keeping a small inverter in my car. :)

Cheers, Julian.