[NTLK] Watching CNBC program on the history of Apple

Peter Fraser pjfraser at mac.com
Wed Jan 6 12:12:23 EST 2010

There's an easy way for mac users to download this sort of content.
After loading the page, open the Activity window in Safari (find it in
the "Window" dropdown menu). Scroll til you find the page title, then
look for a listing under it that shows a large file loading ("xyz KB
of 123 MB"). Copy paste that line item into Safari's Downloads window
(find it in the "Window" dropdown menu, too) and the movie will
download to your machine.

Sent from my iPhone

-- Peter
pjfraser at mac.com

On Jan 6, 2010, at 7:54 AM, Ken Whitcomb <ken at imageguild.com> wrote:

> Perhaps my understanding of your intent was based on the use of the
> term download rather than stream. If you download a copy, you should
> have rights in order to do so, usually by either purchasing it or
> having permission from the copyright owner. If you view it from a
> streamed source, then the provider of the stream presumably has
> distribution rights to allow people to view it, but not keep a
> downloaded copy. If they don't, in today's world, they'll usually
> receive a C&D letter in short order, or their ISP will shut them down.
> I don't want to get into an OT flame war about copyrights, I simply
> misunderstood your intent.
> Apologies.
> ken
>
> On Jan 6, 2010, at 5:38 AM, David Neale wrote:
>
>> I've not been able to get to the closing credits, yet. I was watching
>> the film last night, when it stopped with a message that I had been
>> watching for 72 minutes (I think that was the number) and that I
>> would
>> have to wait 54 minutes to see the rest. As suggested in an earlier
>> post, I tried opening it in another window, but got the same message
>> and then in a different browser altogether, and got a similar
>> message,
>> though the wait was now 30 minutes). I went to bed, instead, as it
>> was
>> almost two in the morning! I shall try to see the rest today.
>>
>> I was merely puzzled by the "disabled" or "down" or "broken" label
>> (something to indicate it couldn't be used) that was plastered over
>> the "download" button.
>>
>> I still don't know if anyone has been able to download the thing,
>> which was my question, yet you insinuate stealing it. Why?
>>
>> David
>>

>> On 6 Jan 2010, at 01:44, Ken Whitcomb wrote:
>>
>>> IIRC, you can purchase a DVD on CNBC's website. In the closing
>>> credits, the producers have inserted the following text: "Don't
>>> steal
>>> movies".  :)