[NTLK] Year 2010 and v2.0 Newton OS

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Fri Jan 8 10:20:23 EST 2010

On Jan 7, 2010, at 8:40 AM, SteveCraft wrote:

> Maybe a brain wipe and then Eckhardt patch application and then

Eckhart's ROM patches are already installed on my 2100 and eMate. My
guess, with similar reboot-date-reset bugs on all my v2.0 Newtons,
Eckhart's patch is not the culprit. The reboot-date-reset bug might be
an uglier (more difficult) boot ROM bug and as such, may take more
effort and time to fix.

Yes, brainwipes are next. I'm just not looking forward to it. I've
been meaning to reconfigure/re-purpose ALL of various Newtons with
clean installs. These issues may force the opportunity.

> load FastTimes (the easy-clock
> setting UI app)  and things will be better?

I'll look for it. Thank you!

Right now I'm using the TimeDate Set app and it also works well with
the 2100 and eMate.

The app's window was made too big for the 120 and 130, so it can't
close... ugh!

Maybe it's time to come up with a weekday-compatible-newton-compatible
year...

Anybody want to party like it's 1999!?

yuck, bad joke! Y2K is a leap-year anyway, 2011 is not. However, the
Newton was Y2K ready... Almost. Maybe. Maybe not.

--
Sent using an iNewt 3G Touch.
--
|\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM