[NTLK] The Apple Tablet (aka iNewt) saga, part 4,037,862

Ryan Vetter physicalconstants at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 11 16:43:47 EST 2010

Hi:

Some of my sources that are directly involved at the Yerba Center have led me to the position that there will be an event at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco, and it will be where the tablet is unveiled.  I have speculated on the design.  But that's anybody's guess.  The only necessity in my mind is a prop arm built into the unit.  If Apple doesn't build that in I will be surprised.

What I am really excited about are two things: two main points of innovation that this device should have.  1) a custom ARM chipset.  Apple's supposedly developing their own in-house ARM chipsets so they could really come up with something exciting.  2) a completely new multi-touch operating system.

I think battery life will be really good on this device because they are supposedly using ARM processors.  But we won't know for sure until they reveal.

I just wonder about the stylus... if one will be possible.