[NTLK] The Apple Tablet (aka iNewt) saga, part 4,037,862

Ryan Vetter physicalconstants at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 11 18:55:51 EST 2010

Hi Joe!

I agree on the handwriting recognition.

As for battery life, I am certain it will be very good.  The reason is that Apple has now mastered the "unibody battery" design.  With a tablet, they have much more space to lay out a battery in this fashion, so it will be much, much bigger than the iPhone's.  I think they will also take internal component design hints from the MacBook Air.  That motherboard is super small.  They could do something as small or smaller with the board if using ARM processors, and inject a massive battery in this thing.  Couple this with power efficient ARM processors and it should be pretty good.  I expect as good or better than the 17" MacBook Pro.  I actually expect them to market is as something that you really don't need to bring an AC adapter with.  Real world a solid 6 hours.  That would be good.

So, let's see what happens.

Here's hoping for the best, Joe!