[NTLK] The Apple Tablet (aka iNewt) saga, part 4,037,862

Andrew Beals andrew.beals at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 21:19:47 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog at gmail.com>wrote:

> ~~~ On 2010/01/11 23:55, Ryan Vetter at physicalconstants at yahoo.ca wrote
> ~~~
>
> >  ... and inject a massive battery in this thing. ...
>

> But probably not big enough; a *sufficiently* substantial battery will add
> weight, and they will want to do that, especially because it'll spoil the
> balance and "feel" of the tablet.
>
> Of course, I'm working on the principle that 6 hours real-world is NOT
> enough for a tablet.  But then, I've been spoiled by my Newts.  When you
> can
> get days, why would you settle for hours?   ;-)

Backlights, color displays (try having one without (yes, I've owned a
pre-backlight color gameboy)), and MIPS all cost battery power.  Even with
modern flexible lithium cells, a tablet is either going to weigh a few
pounds or you're going to find yourself with an adaptor in your pocket and
often tethered to the grid.