[NTLK] LandWare Stuff (was RE: Music Notation on the Newton? - MusicPad Demo only option???)

SteveCraft steve at craftsathome.net
Tue Jan 12 10:38:26 EST 2010

I don't have a list of stuff, but I can say that I have purchased from them:

1. X-Port (Sep 2009 IIRC)
2. WriteStuff (Jan 2010)
3. WordSleuth+Merlin (Jan 2010)
4. NewtPaint (Jan 2010)

And have been really happy with their communication and the products.

I bought X-Port because I thought it would work better than NCU on my fast
PC when it came to managing packages. I was wrong, it also needs
slowdown.exe to work. I also bought it to do desktop RTF<->NewtWorks
translation, and have tested with success.

I bought WriteStuff and WordSleuth+Merlin because I suspected that they
would make using Works/Notes more "modern". Man, was I right! These are
must-buy products if you use your Newton platforms for "writing work" IMHO.
I use Outline functionality in Notes in my 2100 (accelerated thanks to
Woody) for our daily Scrum standups (I am a Windoze software developer in
Real Life) to keep track of my work. The input addons make entering data
much faster, the spelling checker is fast, and so is the thesaurus. I kind
of think I am missing something when the spelling and thesaurus dictionary
used is only 1mb, but so far I don't know what I'm missing, eventually I'll
probably word-test it side-by-side with Word 2007, but right now I see no
need.

I bought NewtPaint to go on the kids' eMate because the built-in drawing
from Works is OK but not all that great and I was wiling to gamble $9.95 on
something they might like better. I'll have a report on that in another week
after I 2010-update it, if anybody cares.