[NTLK] To keep or not

Bob Carls Dudney kosmicdollop at saber.net
Fri Jan 15 15:12:56 EST 2010

On 6/1/10, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:

>  ATA cards lost my information for the third time

Thanks for that info! It never sounded like ATA patch was very
reliable -- I'm so glad I waited for affordable linear cards per this
list.

As far as keeping on with Newt -- I wouldn't want to think of life
without a 2100. I have all my crucial and lots more info with me
wherever I go: bank and credit transactions per PocketMoney; account
numbers and PINs (including logins); over 3000 contacts including
clients, merchants, and services; 5000 calendar entries (I know who I
saw when, back to 1997); Calls (AtAGlance*) are both calls to return
and things to do, and record crucial info including reference numbers
when I contact people, vendors and services -- a tap automatically
enters date and time, and MoreInfo provides custom choices for other
common entries: person reached, left message, no answer, etc. A
couple taps moves a Call to future date so I don't have to see it in
interim.

             *great overview, part of MoreInfo

-- My sympathy to those who must use Mac or PC for scheduling
meetings with colleagues. Otherwise I see no justification for their
kludgy PIM apps, nor syncing such with Newt. So happy I don't have
any of those headaches. -- Newt is a spoiler!

And I can always jot down an idea, sketch, poem, or journal entry
whenever/wherever, and look at past ones. Plus I've got all sorts of
reference info in HyperNewt, including troubleshooting for Mac,
start-up option keys, etc.

The alternative would be some inferior clunky electronic gadget (with
some sort of dreadful and/or cumbersome keyboard) -- Or: lots of
paper slips, bound calendars and black books and Rolodex -- never
goin' back to those dark ages!

I've long since gotten used to wearing a shoulder bag for Newt
wherever I go.* It also holds lots ID cards, couple dozen keys, and
receipts, plus spare AA's.

*I even had a leather cross-your-heart pouch custom made that holds
Newt on my chest -- great for running and hiking.

And I've only listed the most common ways I use Newt. E.g: faxing is
great: signature added automatically to letters and prescriptions.

So many ways nothing else comes close!