[NTLK] Quick question - 3COM Ethernet Cards/Dongle

Matt Howe matthowe at comcast.net
Fri Jan 15 22:37:29 EST 2010

I have an IBM Etherlan I/II which I believe is the same as the 3Com589. It's
been a long time since I had to mess with the setup and drivers. Anyway, my
lights light up. Link constant when on line and RX flickers with traffic.
Interestingly though, my wifi card has better battery life. I use a Linksys
WPC11 wifi card.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt at Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe at comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

Timothy Chaten wrote:
<snip>
I am wondering if when you use your 3COM dongles if the green lights light
up at all - mine aren't - I did order another card a 3COM 3C589C - hoping
this card may work better - any other suggestions getting Ethernet working -
I was hoping ethernet would be a lot more plug and play than wifi :) oh
well
<snip>