[NTLK] To keep or not

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Fri Jan 15 23:22:10 EST 2010

I have successfully crashed both ATA and Linear flash cards.  The
easiest way I've found is to have non backed up data on the card then
engage in an activity that saves data to the card while at the same
time exceeds the available heap,resulting in a system freeze or
reset.  In my case that would be converting a large Newton book to a
Works document.  I have had several linear flash card failures that
required reformatting to correct.

I also corrupted a 128mb partition on and ATA card also caused I
believe by storing non backed up data.;-)
I am currently trying 32mb ATAs with only safe data and will report
problems if they occur.  I used SBM Utilities to make a backup of my
"primary" linear card and restored it to a 32MB ATA card.  This is
where I keep Packages and "safe" books and data.  A separate ATA card
will be used for working with very large documents.

I'll let you know if I again have problems.

Woody