[NTLK] Have you noticed NewtonTalk's Performance?

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Sat Jan 16 15:34:48 EST 2010

On Jan 16, 2010, at 9:54 AM, R A Parker wrote:

> I just want to send a kudo over to our list dad, Grant Hutchinson.
> Since NewtonTalk's update, last year :-) The list's performance (from
> sent to receive) has moved from 3-4 minutes to microseconds.

I can't take all the credits for this. Bill Shamam should be thanks
for helping move the list over to its new home at Media Temple.
Likewise, being able to use more modern mailing list software
(Mailman) has made a difference as well. There are still a lot of
tweaks and improvements I want to make (getting the archives back
online, reintroducing the RSS feed, etc.)

> Looks like Grant's next task will need to be some form of real-time
> reply-sniping statistics visualization. (Did I miss any buzzwords?)

Oh, fancy user statistics are in the works as well.

g.

Grant Hutchinson

Interface Considerations. Feature Deprecation. Typography. Rawk.

http://splorp.com
http://mtile.us/splorp
http://flickr.com/splorp
http://twitter.com/splorp