[NTLK] h*cks, kr*ks, SN

Anthony Velasco ecotone at mac.com
Sun Jan 17 12:33:00 EST 2010

Tactile Software is still being sold, and support is provided (to the
best of my ability).  Software keys and support can be purchased/
requested from me at the following - ecotone_tv AaTt hotmail
dD0otTCco0mM

I don't want to attempt to argue the sides of abandon-ware vs. theft,
as the ultimate justification/decision is left to the individual.  I
only want to offer that people can still legally purchase the software.

I have, in the past, done "benefits" where confirmed donors to Newton
"renaissance initiatives" are eligible for hefty discounts on Tactile
software products.  I'm willing to do another donation/discount run
if there is a renaissance effort in the works.

Thanks for asking Mark.

--avelasco

=====================================

PLEASE when replying delete most or all of the list below; in fact
it's best to just address those Packages you have info about...

Listed down below are all the items I have. These items are just what
you think they are, illicit ways to use software without paying (or as
I prefer, a quasi-legal way to use abandoned software).

Someone (not me) WILL post these somewhere soon, but I need some help.
If you know the software is still sold, let me know and it will be
deleted from the forthcoming release
If you are the author and do not want it released, let me know; also
if you are the author WANT it released, let me know
If you know the author(s) of the software, please contact them (for
example, in the archive I do have the actual eMail from one of Tibet's
creators releasing the serial numbers)

Two comments about strict legal interpretation of this event (which
may well ironically coincide with the release of the Apple "iPADD")
1) For anyone to show harm in giving the password away, there has to
be a demonstration that the "market is eroded" or the author is
financially affected in some way. If the Newton package in question is
not sold nor supported nor even available any more, there is no market
erosion.
2) There is a great legal phrase, which we sadly consider any more.
"De minimis non curat praetor" means "The law (or king) does not care
about trivial things." I think most would agree a password for
abandoned software for a platform that died over a decade ago is
pretty freakin' trivial!

List