[NTLK] Error on trying to use NewtPackageFlags

Matt Howe matthowe at comcast.net
Sun Jan 17 22:18:24 EST 2010

I would be careful doing that and I'd make sure that you keep a copy of the existing comdlg32.ocx. Part of the problem is the header on the common dialog ocx changed with XP to handle certain aspects of .net. Older software compiled with visual studio, against the older comdlg32.ocx does not recognize the new comdlg32.ocx If you get an old version over writing the new version, you may loose a lot of functionality. If it is missing, you can of course download a copy, but seeing how comdlg32.ocx is one of the most common ocx files, I think it is a version issue. At least this was my experience when we had the same issue with the software we write, where I work. Our final solution was to recompile and no longer support the win 95/98 versions. I would be interested in hearing the end of the story though.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt at Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe at comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

Leandro Pereira wrote:
<snip>
Find this file[1] and put it inside C:\Windows\System32. Then, run the
following command (from the Start -> Run option):
  regsvr32  %Systemroot%\System32\comdlg32.ocx

A message telling the success should appear. Try running the program again.

[1] http://www.google.com.br/search?q=comdlg32.ocx
<snip>