[NTLK] h*cks, kr*ks, SN

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Mon Jan 18 02:01:35 EST 2010

On Monday, January 18, 2010, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Software that comes with zero support, zero guarantee, where the author fails to respond to queries...

Somehow, I get the suspicion that this discussion is directed askew at
Hardy Macia and Catamount software.

I would just like to restate that while Hardy is no longer developing
his Newton software he is still there. I think I already mentioned
that I wrote him last year requesting my license code for PocketMoney
and he responded fairly promptly (within a day or so). I paid fo PM
back in 1995 (and 1997 I think for the update). That is over a decade
ago. You may think his prices outrageous, but that is a good track
record in my book. StandAlone is also still standing behind their
products if you need help with these sorts of things.

And, btw, I don't see where we need "analogies". We have the law.

And for the record, if this list beces known for sharing cracks and
such it will only make it harder to convince developers to open up
their software in the long run.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland