[NTLK] 2010 bug?

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Mon Jan 18 13:20:24 EST 2010

Yes Eckheart recently posted about this issue.  In summary there is some
sort of "protection" on the newton that if you set it to a 'impossible'
value it reverts to 1996.  Then the patch kicks in that moves it to 2008
since 1996 is no longer a valid date.  He is working on a fix for this.

In the mean time what I have done is installed the "fast times" package
which allows for quick setting of the date in two taps.  The time stays
accurate at least, just the date is off which makes it easier.  But
annoying if you forget to set it after a reset and find all your data on
the wrong year.

-Dan