[NTLK] h*cks, kr*ks, SN

Jim Lee jimlee at centurytel.net
Mon Jan 18 13:26:31 EST 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 6:41 AM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

>   What we have now is law:  very imperfect perhaps, very
> frustrating for certain, but reasonably clear about what it actually
> says.

Pardon me for muddling the point, but the law of *which* land?  How
many countries are represented by the members of this list?  Is there
a universal law that applies to ALL of them, or do they conflict with
each other?  And to further the point, sometimes laws are just plain
silly and wrong, passed out of greed or coercion.  Does that give me
the right to break them?  Sometimes, yes - it's called civil
disobedience; doing what's CORRECT rather than what's LEGAL.  Of
course, the person in question also bears the responsibility of taking
the consequences for his actions, but I'm tired of hearing the "law"
bandied about as if it were the final word.

-Jim (not even interested in the hacks/cracks/whatever, just in the
variety of views here)