[NTLK] h*cks, kr*ks, SN

Andy Hill adhill at fastmail.co.uk
Mon Jan 18 18:14:17 EST 2010

Personally, I see it as a duty for the Newton community to try and
protect these precious artefacts.

If the author is not contactable, despite making valid attempts, we
ought to try to preserve these packages because on the one hand we care
enough to bother and on the other these packages are worth bothering about.

The intent here is not to exploit, it is to save, and between us I am
sure that we could set a system, linked to the List or to Unna or
wherever, which could ensure that packages were saved from extinction
and continued to be enjoyed and explored but at the same time maintained
our integrity as a community and 'users' were able to honour any usage
if the author was to become contactable again.

Why not put our minds together on this? Cause once they are lost, they
are lost. .

I say well done to Mark for bringing this out into the open.

Andy