[NTLK] GTD, MessagePad

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Tue Jan 19 10:25:25 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Mike Rodgers <pmiker at copper.net> wrote:

> As I have recently visited several Newton sites I have come across the
> acronym GTD.  Ok, I looked it up.  I'll admit that I have been out of IT
> for about 5 years but I had never heard of this before.  Is this a new
> cult following for Project Managers or what?  Is it big among Newton users?

Getting Things Done (GTD) is a bit of a cult following amongst
"knowledge workers" (although it's not limited to any type of trade)
in general and is aimed at individuals (as opposed to managers) trying
to keep themselves organized, productive, and stress free in both
their personal and business lives. I don't know if it's big among
Newton users or not, but it certainly seems to be big among Mac geeks.
It's all based around David Allen's book "Getting Things Done". See
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTD>.

I personally try to follow the GTD methodologies using my Newton
('cause I'm just not always at my Mac and probably shouldn't be). I
had tried Eckhart Köppen's Nitch <http://40hz.org/Pages/Nitch>, but it
just wasn't right for me, so I've reverted back to using Adam Tow's
newtToDo <http://www.tow.com/software/newton> with a list for each
context and most of the features turned off so I'm just looking at
lists.

Morgan Aldridge
---
morgant at makkintosshu.com