[NTLK] White Backlight

Frank Gruendel newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Tue Jan 19 16:27:27 EST 2010

> Does any one know the process used by the guys on ebay to make backlights white?
> I asked them if they could make me one for my 130 but they said no, does any one
> know why it can't be done or how I can get one?

Backlights come in all colors. But only the Newton 2x00 models and the eMate allow to replace them
separately. The 130 doesn't allow this. In this model the LCD, the LCD's driver electronics and the
backlight can't be separated. At least I haven't figured out a way to do so yet without destroying
everything.

But that was status quo with the MP100's display, too, until recently :-)

<http://www.pda-soft.de/us/temp/ompbacklight00.html>

Frank