[NTLK] h*cks, kr*ks, SN

Jim Lee jimlee at centurytel.net
Tue Jan 19 21:21:08 EST 2010

On Jan 19, 2010, at 5:56 PM, Dana W Cook wrote:

> [...] all I was looking for was that she understand that she is
> circumventing the law [...]

And, by not reporting her, weren't you, too, breaking the law?  (most
places in the world would label you as an accomplice).  The law is
useless unless it is enforced.  <-- NOTE: I'm only playing devil's
advocate here :-)

Some laws are necessary and good, some are frivolous, and some are
outright absurd.  ALL law is open to interpretation - that's why
judges, courts, juries and lawyers exist.  The areas of copyright,
patents, and intellectual property are particularly sticky due to the
rapid evolution of technology.  The legal system (and the laws
themselves) are almost always woefully behind the times.