[NTLK] Newton for note-taking?

Eric Jones doriath22 at msn.com
Thu Jan 21 01:55:04 EST 2010

I've thought up a justification for plunking down some cash on a 2100 + keyboard. Namely... I'm currently going back to school and switching careers rather dramatically -I'm going to be a watchmaker. While a lot of the class is practical, there's a lot of theory involved as well, and I've often wished I could use a laptop to get it down quicker. The only problem with that is that there's often little sketches and whatnot, and so I really couldn't go paperless. Tonight, it suddenly hit me... if I had a Newt with a keyboard, that would solve my problems in one fell swoop, I think. (Yes, you can say I'm slow... being a member of a Newton list and not thinking of this --but truly, I use my iPod Touch for most PIM things, and my faithful old Newtons (MP100, 110, 120, and 130) have been relegated to museum-exhibit status. I never had a keyboard for any of them, so it didn't even occur to me....)
Anyway, do you fine folks reckon that an MP2000/2100 would work for text + graphical note-taking? I'd get an eMate, but quite honestly I think the styling is a bit horrific...
I know I used to print things from my MP130 with an old Stylewriter printer I had, can the Newt be made to print to a modern printer? (If not, I think I still have that one... it's in another state though but that can be remedied.)
Thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Eric Jones