[NTLK] Add Card Without Activating Packages?

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Fri Jan 22 14:24:05 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 7:23 PM, SteveCraft <steve at craftsathome.net> wrote:
> Having a brain freeze. What is the magic to putting in a card with packages
> on it and *not* have the Newton attempt to use them?

Insert the card, and immediately, press the tip of the stylus down on
the left edge of your screen, about half-way down. That should do the
trick. You may find it easier to do a soft-reset, and do the same
thing for both internal and the card. Keep holding down the stylus
until you get a message asking if you want to activate the packages
(first on the internal store, and after saying "no" repeating until
you get the same message for the card).

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland