[NTLK] Fact Check

Jim Lee jimlee at centurytel.net
Fri Jan 22 16:59:06 EST 2010

My first computer was one I built from scratch based on an article in
Radio Electronics magazine (circa 1977).  It had an RCA CDP-1802
processor (similar in architecture to the PDP-11's of the day), and a
whopping 256 BYTES of RAM!  I soon upgraded the RAM to 1K, and I could
then program a graphic of the Starship Enterprise that scrolled across
my TV screen.  I had to hack into the video circuitry of the tube-
based TV to hook it up, but it was a sweet setup when it was done!
Every byte of the program was toggled into the RAM via discrete front
panel switches.  I hand-assembled the code on paper first.

To steer this woefully off-topic post back in the right direction, the
whole thing was about the size of 3 Newtons stacked vertically...

-Jim