[NTLK] Copyright Test [was h*cks, kr*ks, SN]

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Sat Jan 23 13:56:47 EST 2010

On Jan 21, 2010, at 5:17 PM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> But now that I've seen your desire for the thread to cease, does that
> mean you'd rather we didn't pursue this problem even in this fashion?

No, that's not the case at all.

If folks would like to pursue this topic further, that's fine.

What I do not want to see happen is this ... a useful, level-headed
discussion that ends up devolving into a nasty, verbal battle over
who's right and who's wrong. Too many hyper-polarizing discussions on
mailing list (and other forums) end up as rude, hurtful flamewars.

As long as everyone uses common sense and proper list etiquette, I
encourage the continuation of the discussion. Based on some of the
comments here, there are potential solutions to this topical
conundrum. I just feel that some of the specifics can be better served
offlist.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian