[NTLK] Modem setup

Martin Gomez mmgomez at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:37:57 EST 2010

That´s correct, because when dialing thru Hyperterminal you are not binding
to Windows´s TCP-IP stack.
Hyperterminal will only do a serial connection, but you can use it so you
can write your own script (take note of the "user:" and "password:" prompts,
including case)
best luck.

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Mike Rodgers <pmiker at copper.net> wrote:

> I can dial out, so I know that I have the correct pc card port.  I do
> not have a DNS entry because my Windows setup obtains it automatically.
> I use Copper.net.  I'll ask them for DNS addresses.  I'll try to display
> the script.  I also tried hyperterminal in Windows.  It connects but the
> connection must be different than normal because my email software
> (Thunderbird) cannot access my mail servers.
> Mike
>
> Andy Hill wrote:
> > Hi Mike
> >
> > I have a dial up set up which I use on occasions and it works well using
> > a Virgin.com account which only requires user name and password to
> > access it and is 3p per minute.
> > I'm not sure if other providers have security measures which mean the
> > Newton can't access it?
> >
> > (Apologies if you already know the following):
> >
> > In the Internet set up for dial up you should see:
> >
> > Protocol: PPP
> > Configuration: Server
> > User ID: whatever yours is - this also leads to the password screen.
> > Access number: 0844 etc
> > When closing: choose your option
> > Primary DNS: have you got at least one in there? My connection wont work
> > without it. for example 194.168.8.100. (On the Virgin website it has two
> > DNS options and I have found that only one seems to work well on the
> > Newton?)
> > Domain Name: None
> >
> > You shouldn't really need any additional scripts, it should be
> > straightforward.
> >
> > If you want to see your script working, go to your script screen and
> > check the 'display script activity'.
> >
> > In Prefs - check that you have chosen the right card slot and
> > In Prefs - have you chosen the modem card in the 'Modem setup'?
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Andy

If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the
process of putting them in.