[NTLK] [OT] Palm software suggestions

Sonny Hung sonnyhung at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:20:08 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Tony Kan <tonykan at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> I use a new Note outline for each book of the bible and store them in a
> folder
> called Bible Footnotes.  Then a system of nested bullets gives me chapters
> and
> verses for me to slot in any notes or references to other commentaries.
>  The
> only downside is that they aren't immediately accessible from The Message.

Yeah Tony, I wish we had at least the tools to create books for The Message.

> A pity that David Fedor didn't get a chance to complete all the features he
> intended before the Newton was discontinued.  Didn't he go on to write
> MyBible
> for Laridian?

Actually David wrote The Message and then MyBible for the Palm. I believe he
licensed it to Laridian iirc when I spoke to them (Laridian) about it. I
think he still devs it still but I can say for sure.

> I have emailed him a few months ago to ask him if he was interested in
> releasing
> the source code for it but he hasn't replied.

Well Good Luck on that one. I'm not too hopeful in that endeavor, but I'm
praying for a glimmer of hope here because it's such a nice program.
Laridian says he's tough to reach, but reachable by them for their stuff.
Our interests is a bit more bleak inho. Oh, I've tried in the past and I
purchased a license of the NIV version of The Message personally from him
for $20 and when I lost the files after a crash I don't think he was able to
help me out with that :( iirc.

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family