[NTLK] iPad

Riccardo Mori rick at poc.it
Wed Jan 27 18:38:09 EST 2010

quoth Eric Jones:

> This thing looks like a glorified iPod Touch to me. My first thought is "that's it?" However, it is bigger, which means it's quite likely that it won't have huge adoption. That was my initial assessment, anyway.
> However, I suspect Apple's aiming at the emerging "ebook reader" market, here.

I also think that an interesting target the iPad is aimed to are people for whom a full-blown Mac laptop would be overkill, but they want something bigger than an iPod touch. When I was looking at the photos of the live update by Engadget.com, I was thinking: the iPad would be perfect for my parents. Intuitive interface, low learning curve, and does all the things they'd be interested in. If I gave them one of my PowerBooks, for example, I'd have to teach them how to use Mac OS X.

Cheers
Rick

System Folder - The Platinum Days
<http://systemfolder.wordpress.com>