[NTLK] hello iPad, crippled before you walked...

Michael 'Mickey' Sattler mickey at sattlers.org
Wed Jan 27 21:32:59 EST 2010

On Jan 27, 2010, at 17:07 , J.S. Hohner wrote:

> I feel like this is the device Steve Jobs has had in mind from the
> beginning.

Then he aimed far too low. Without a way of making phone calls on the 3G network, nor a front-facing camera for video Skype (and iChat), it's just like the MacBook Air, hobbled and for some boutique target audience.

If I can't leave my iPhone at home, using the headphones/mic unit we've been using for years now, it's a non-starter. That's why the blogosphere is a-burning' tonight.

Mickey

--
Michael 'Mickey' Sattler - San Francisco - California - USA

Contact info at http://www.sattlers.org/mickey/contact/

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there. -- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)