[NTLK] iPhone is not the new Newton (& announcing a Newt sell-off shortly)

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Thu Jan 28 03:11:11 EST 2010

On Thursday, January 28, 2010, at 12:36AM, "Jim Lee" <jimlee at centurytel.net> wrote:
>Miro,
>
>   I see your point (and share your frustration),  but it's a stretch
>to equate the entire NewtonTalk list with a few individuals who can't
>let go.  I would imagine that this horse gets beaten on ALL Apple-
>centric forums from time to time...
>
>-Jim
>
>On Jan 27, 2010, at 11:25 PM, Miro Copic wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>Do we really need more disecting of
>> Apple/Jobs/Newton
>> fiasco?! Is there any wrinkle in the story that we haven't heard
>> from all
>> possible angles?! Twelve years after?
>>
>> Best, Miro

Milo:

When (and if) Steve Jobs writes his autobiography, we MIGHT learn something new about his thoughts on the Newton and why he did away with the project.

And to a point I agree with you...move on, let the past go. But, as it's been said..."those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it".

Those of us that love the Newton will likely continue to do so as long as each of ours functions...or something better comes along. With HWR and a few other things, the iPad could have been that "something better" we've been waiting for.

--Forrest