[NTLK] iPad

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 17:09:17 EST 2010

~~~ On 2010/01/28 20:45, Larry Yaeger at lsynt3 at beanblossom.in.us wrote ~~~

> Actually, it does.  This was mentioned during the keynote, and is already
> present on the iPhone, from which the iPad was derived.

This was mentioned this morning (my local time) by James Wages.  But
according to his description (I haven't yet re-watched the release to
confirm) it didn't work:

> But again, if you watch that video, you will see this thing has major bugs.
> I'm shocked none of you have noticed this.  About 40% of the way through
> that video, you see the user trying to tap on the search icon located in the
> upper right corner of an open book.  He tries several times and fails.  Then
> a "helping hand" comes along, and he fails too.  Then these two gents close
> the book and open another, only to find the search icon doesn't work on that
> book either.  They then give up and open another App.

I have no idea if that's a significant problem or just the nearly inevitable
"this is a public presentation so here comes an embarrassing glitch" that we
all know and love.  Probably the latter.

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4