[NTLK] Matt's bag

robinson pereira gaudo1196 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 13:40:56 EST 2010

My bag have:

1. Raon Everun 900mhz 512mb RAM and 60GB HD - for HWR (Pen Office), surfing
web with GPRS and wifi
2. MP2K - fun and HWR
3. Nokia N800 - writing with Xjournal and turn into PDF and listen to music
(two 8GB SDHC)
4. Moto Q11 - with 8GB microSDHC
No one of these devices can do everything I expect from just one device.
It is bad.

Cheers

Robinson

2010/1/29 Matt Howe <matthowe at comcast.net>

> Well it is big enough to also hold a couple of books for when I go to
> meetings and the like. And one device would be great, but if you add all of
> the capabilities I have with my "toys" it would need to:
>
> 1. Instant on or at least hibernate once it is booted.
> 2. Good hand writing recognition. Rosetta is fine for me as I print
> everything, but it would have to work.
> 3. Adequate storage. I have 8 gig in my Nintendo. I carry the complete
> Wikipedia less pictures in it. And the storage should be either SD or micro
> SD.
> 4. Color back lit screen the size of a paperback book.
> 5. Easily sync to Outlook (others would be good too, but I use Outlook)
> 6. Ability to wake itself up for alarms and appointments
> 7. USB host, usb device, wifi and bluetooth at a minimum.
> 8. Enough battery life that I only have to charge it at night or maybe
> every
> couple of days
> 9. Multiple development suites so I and other developers could code in the
> language of our choice
> 10. and the most nebulous, software lots of good, free or inexpensive
> software. Notice that almost every device I carry contains ebooks? That's
> because not every device supports every book type and some books are
> available in only one or two formats. Some more expensive "Killer" apps
> would be good but there needs to be a lot of software that I can put on the
> device myself and decide how I like it. Not chosen for me (the major
> problem
> I have with the Apple store).
>
> Give me a device that does all of that and I will get rid of my other
> devices. But I have not found one yet. So I'll keep my collection for now.
>
> Matt (Ducky) Howe
> Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
> SantaMatt at Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
> matthowe at comcast.net (Desktop)
> http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
> http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com
>
> Oliver Leaman wrote:
> <snip>
> You must have a pretty big bag! What I guess we all would like is one
> device that could do all these things. Whoever makes it will scoop the
> pool.
> <snip>

Robinson Pereira
www.souveniriraquiano.blogspot.com