[NTLK] QuickFigure / Spreadsheet questions (edited)

Mike Rodgers pmiker at copper.net
Sun Jan 31 10:03:30 EST 2010

I am using QF Pro v. 4.  I use this in bread making.

I have an MS-Excel workbook comprised of several worksheets that I have
d/l'd to my Newton for use in QuickFigure.  While the the
workbook/spreadsheets work in OpenOffice Calc, Excel 5 and the current
version of Excel, they are a bit too complex for QuickFigure.  Here's a
scenario.

Worksheet A contains formulas for costs like:
A      		B	C		D		E		F		G
Ingredient	measure	weight (oz)	ingredient cost	purchase cost 	purchase
qty 	measure/qty
Yeast 		tsp 	0.11 		$0.04 		$5.50 		1 lb 		144

In this case, D2 = E2/G2.  (ingredient cost = purchase cost/purchase
qty).  D2 is assigned the name/alias of yeast.

Worksheet C contains recipes with rows like:
A	B	C	D
yeast 	tsp 	2.50 	$0.10

In the above example, D1=SUM(C2*yeast)

Quickfigure does not like this.  I believe the alias is giving it a fit.
I have tried to use the LINK function to substitute for 'yeast'.  I have
tried every way I can think of.
The function inserts :link("Breadcosts",$D2,0)
According to the docs, I should reference the worksheet.  'Breadcosts'
is the workbook name.

These (and others were tried using the documentation.

D1=SUM(C2*Ingredients!D2) - does not work
D1=SUM(Ingredients!D2*C2) - does not work
D1=SUM("Ingredients!D2"*C2) - does not work

The documentation says I can link between worksheets.  Has anyone used
the link function in an equation and if so, how.

Thank you,
Mike Rodgers