[NTLK] Comparing iPad & MP2K weights and dimensions.

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 11:33:18 EST 2010

L.W. Brown wrote:
> Pretty much already available, as noted elsewhen on this list.
>
> Sent from my ¡Brick...
> ;-]
>
> On Jan 30, 2010, at 13:16, "Dennis B. Swaney" <romad at aol.com> wrote:
>
>>> structured notes, something that is going to be very
>>> hard with the iPad until a good finger-based HWR system becomes
>>> available.

OK. I found a copy of what I ACTUALLY wrote:

The $40 Apple iPad Case accessory solves this. See:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

at the bottom.

This was concerning what Joel M. Sciamma wrote about how to
carry/support the iPad:

 > I have been looking at how practical it would be to tote around the
iPad compared to the MP2K.

 >  From the POV of weight, the iPad at 680g is actually the same weight
  as the MP2K (675g with two cards) so it’s not a big deal. Whether it’s
  carried with a laptop or by itself the effort is the same.

 > While the size of the iPad is considerably greater than the Newt, it
  is pretty thin so it would slip into a bag with a laptop very easily.
  Carrying it by itself would be a bit of a pest though. I made a mock-
up of the iPad in card and a decent-sized shoulder bag is probably  your
only option. Joy of Tech has a very good strip on this :-)

 > When I take my MP2K to a client, the big win is to be able to walk
around and take structured notes, something that is going to be very
hard with the iPad until a good finger-based HWR system becomes
available. Even then it will not be integrated into the OS to anything
like the same degree.

 > The only way to properly support the iPad when you are using it is
from the back, which is a tad precarious, especially as this seems to
be another shiny, slippery Apple product.

My response was to the 1st and 5th paragraphs of Joel's post, but I did
NOT want to quote them out of context, so I left in paragraphs 2 - 4.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

Newton MP 2100