[NTLK] Y2010 Fix Idea

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Sun Jan 31 06:09:00 EST 2010

On Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 11:10 am Eckhart Köeppen wrote:

>> While the Newton is on, it saves the
>> current Date/Time every 60 seconds to
>> a pref's entry.
>>

> That should definitely work, and I was
> thinking about adding that workaround
> to the patches.

My vote for an extension name: Eckhart's TimeWarp

Animated Icon: A Rotating Hour Glass.

> Fixing the function which is actually
> causing the time to be reset looks hard,
> it is called very early in the boot
> process, and it is not in the patchable
> area.

Kinda figured, especially since every model seems to have a similar problem.

Therefore I say the quick and easy way out is the best idea at this point. Your patch works great. Now we just need an even faster (and automated) way to correct the time and date, after a reset.

Seems like an elegant solution for this problem.

Ron

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
   |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM