[NTLK] Y2010 Fix Idea

Tony Douglas tonyisyourpal at aim.com
Sun Jan 31 15:47:02 EST 2010

Hi,

Isn't there a risk of some kind of bitrot with the internal flash memory if you write to it that often ? I have a vague memory of discussions on the list of keeping often written areas on replaceable Flash cards that could be thrown away, rather than on internal memory that can't. (I'm on a v.slow 3G connection just now so not searching just at the moment - but the discussion wasn't that long ago - tail end of last year I think).

Grant's suggestion of using (probably) NTP to sort out the clock is an elegant solution ... if your Newt is network enabled, that is :)

- Tony

PS. Just obtained a Huawei E5830 mobile wifi/broadband gadget - gonna try it with the Newton once I've reconfigured it to use WEP rather than WPA - should be a chuckle to have mobile 3G on a Newt ;) Will post with info of how I get on (or indeed *if* I get on, IYSWIM !)