[NTLK] Nokia Data Card

Andy Hill adhill at fastmail.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 16:42:59 EDT 2010

Hi Dan

I have a very similar card and exactly the same cable. It will
definitely fit into an old Nokia 2110 and will work very well  to send
and receive email on the go using for example Mailv.
I keep this set up for posterity / fun and a couple of years ago took it
on holiday to Greece and sent emails using the Newton from there. This
set up is very bulky by today's standards though.

To get this going you would also need a sim card in the phone and the
driver called gsmnokia.pkg which is available on Unna at the following
address.

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/drivers/modem

Strangely in the UK, this set up works in sending and receiving emails
using an O2 SIM card without the need for a data fee, it just seems to
work as a pay and go arrangement?

J&K sales still sell the cables and a similar card: See here:

http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_37_48&products_id=100

Hope that helps.

Andy