[NTLK] Einstein Network Emulation

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Wed Jul 14 13:33:59 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Morgan Aldridge
<morgant at makkintosshu.com> wrote:

> I have the Network Support Pre-release for 10.5 installed and working
> I'm getting a -48807 error
> (http://tools.unna.org/errors/query.php?code=-48807) upon clicking
> "Network" toolbar icon (or selecting Platform -> Switch Network Card)
> instead of the "PCMCIA Ethernet" dialog.

Okay, I now have success. Here's what I did (I'm using the ROM from my
US MessagePad 2100 & the Einstein Network Support Pre-release for Mac
OS X 10.5):

0) Verified that "Network Driver" was set to "User Mode" in Einstein's
preferences
1) Installed Eckhart Köppen's Path-71J059 (Patch.pgk), quit &
relaunched Einstein
2) Installed NIE2's Internet Enabler (inetenbl.pkg), quit & relaunched Einstein
3) Installed NIE2's Internet Setup (inetstup.pkg), quit & relaunched Einstein
4) Installed NIE2's Newton Devices (newtdev.pkg), quit & relaunched Einstein
5) Installed NIE2's Ethernet Support (enetsup.pkg), quit & relaunched Einstein
6) Installed NE2K.pkg, quit & relaunched Einstein
7) Clicked the "Network" button in Einstein's toolbar

The "PCMCIA Ethernet" card dialog popped up as it's supposed to.

I then configured Ethernet in Internet Setup to match my Mac OS X's
TCP/IP settings, followed by the installation of Courier (no
relaunching of Einstein needed):

1) Installed NTox 1.9 (NTox.pkg)
2) Installed ZLib 1.1 (ZLib.pkg)
3) Installed NHttpLib 3.5 (NHttpLib.pkg)
4) Installed Courier 1.1.1 (Courier.pkg)

Clicked Courier, entered http://matthiasm.com/test.html and connected
via my new Ethernet setup. Worked like a charm!

Also tried loading a few other sites, including
http://www.unna.org/unna. As you mentioned, most sites get cut off and
don't load completely.

Morgan
---