[NTLK] [ANN] Y2010 + Y2008 fix for 2x00US Newtons

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Fri Jul 16 15:07:35 EDT 2010

<snip>

No duct tape of bumper case required here: Paul Guyot has come up with a way to prevent the reset to January 1st, 2008 with patch 71J059 after rebooting or power loss. I merged his changes into the next version of the Y2010 patch, version 711000:

http://40hz.org/Pages/Patch%20711000

This is unfortunately only for the US MP2x00 variants, German Newtons and eMates will need to wait a bit still.

I'd be updating my Newtons right now if I wasn't at work! I also can't wait to try it out...but I think I can safely say: Thanks so much, Eckhart! And to Paul Guyot, as well.

I'll be posting news of this later on at the Newton Phoenix website (http://www.newtonphoenix.org), for anyone not following our NewtonTalk forum...