[NTLK] Taking notes on a 2100

Don Zahniser dzahniser at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jul 17 01:20:48 EDT 2010

On Jul 16, 2010, at 6:15 PM, Forrest Buffenmyer wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2010, at 03:01 PM, Forrest Buffenmyer
> <anasazi4st at me.com> wrote:
>

> *I* have a question...I have problems with things like punctuation.
> Most of the time I can't get most punctuation--like periods--to
> show up properly
>

> Okay, *that* was interesting. It just ended abruptly.
>
> The rest of it was: "(the period at the end of that sentence)
> Also, is there some "secret" way to convert a written letter from
> lower- to uppercase, and vice versa?"

Here's a link to some handwriting recognition tips:

http://www.catamount.com/HWRTips/HWRTips.html

Although the period is not specifically mentioned, the tip for the
colon applies:  Don't just 'tap' the period, 'blob' it (i.e. - a
very, very small 'o').  Don't try to simply write a period alone, or
'after' a word - it has to be written as 'part' of the flow of the
last word of the sentence.  You can even emulate an ellipsis this way...

I don't know of a secret 'stroke' to change case of a letter, but you
can:

1) Double-tap the word;
2) From the displayed panel, tap the icon with the underscored lower-
case 'a' ;
3) With the segmented word now displayed, tap the letter that you
want to change.  You will see both the upper and lower case letter to
choose from.

Far faster to do than to describe or read.  Note that if the first
character of the word is the one that you want to change, chances are
that the pick list that appears as a result of step 1 will have the
change you wish to make.

  - Don

--
Don Zahniser