[NTLK] Manybooks.net is interesting

Goodwin, Greg P. GoodwinG at aafes.com
Tue Jun 1 09:29:15 EDT 2010

From: J Caffiney

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.  My opinion was based mostly on my
dislike of the screen-flicker effect that I've observed on both the Kindle
and Nook.  I'm not sure if the newest versions of those devices flicker into
a negative contrast (white text on a black background) every time you turn a
page, but when I last checked about six months ago they still had that
distracting effect.  It would drive me crazy with long-term use.

At the time of my last look at those readers they didn't support landscape
mode, though from a quick search I understand that has changed.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't ruffled.  I was thinking the newton could make a good book reader in it's own right, but hadn't heard it was better than the Kindle or Nook, save the fact that there is backlight on the Newton.

Doc Clu