[NTLK] Einstein and Ethernet - developers preview

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Sat Jun 19 19:33:19 EDT 2010

On 20.06.2010, at 00:42, R A Parker wrote:

> So, what you're saying is Einstein can now install packages over the
> web?

It will be able to. It may be already, but I have not tested it.

> Could be possible? Hasn't been tested?

Yes and yes.

> This seems as if it should
> be considered a significant update.

Yes, I will make a binary release as soon as the missing features are implemented and tested.

> What kind of platforms are capable
> of running Einstein now?

The network emulation is currently limited to OS X, but will only require minor fixes for Linux and relatively small changes for MSWindows.

> Where, exactly, does this put the usability
> of Einstein outside of the realm of "novelty?"

It is very likely that NCX will work.

> What next, mmmm...
> Paul's ATA Support on an SD card?

Well, inserting any PCMCIA card can now be emulated. I assume that a PCMCIA ATA card emulator could be written if there are enough people interested. I will not have the time though.

 - Matthias