[NTLK] another Newton mention in the wild

Matt Howe matthowe at comcast.net
Fri Jun 25 18:19:01 EDT 2010

"Apple has tweaked the Newton and made it viable in today's market"?!? Last
I remember, Apple is not part of this group, nor part of the immense strides
made by people here to keep the Newton alive. We'll probably never know why
Jobs killed the Newton, business or personal decision, good or bad judgment.
But we do know that the only reason it is even partially viable in today's
tech world is not due to anything Apple has done since they quit
manufacturing them, but due to the immense amount of work people here and of
like mind have poured into the Newton. Apple tweaked indeed!

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt at Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe at comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

Ed Kummel wrote:
<snip>
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/IT-Infrastructure/10-Old-Products-That-Can-Be-Tweak
ed-to-Work-Today-827767/?kc=EWKNLEDP06252010A

Slide #9
<snip>