[NTLK] 2010 issues

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Tue Jun 29 12:10:37 EDT 2010

Thanks for your reply with the code to insert in terminal. I copied the line of code into terminal and unfortunately now I cannot communicate with the Newton at any speed. Is it possible there is another error than the gap which you identified earlier?

Michael:

No, you should be able to still use any speed...it just adds 115200 to the drop-down menu of choices.

As a side note: If you found NSX on UNNA there should have been several other packages with it...one is ser115200. It'd be a good idea to install all of them (there are 5 total)...they're small and don't take up much room, and could come in handy at some point, once you can connect again.

You can also find NCX at Simon Bell's homepage: http://homepage.mac.com/simonbell/connection/

As to the connection issue..try another bps speed, like 9600. In fact, to install the ser115200 package you'll have to use the default, which is 9600. So...

defaults write com.newton.connection BaudRate -int9600      entered into Terminal...to connect (test). Then, install ser115200 on the Newt (if you haven't already) and substitute 115200 in the Terminal listing and see if that works.

I went back to my last email to you containing that line listing...and I did see a space between "-int" and "115200", which shouldn't be there. I have since rewritten that line on another post-it note CAREFULLY EMPHASIZING the LACK of such spaces so as to avoid such confusion in the future. (Geez....)

Sorry AGAIN for any ADDITIONAL confusion.

Thanks,
--Forrest