[NTLK] 2010 issues

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Wed Jun 30 11:22:28 EDT 2010

On Jun 29, 2010, at 05:53 PM, Beale Michael <mjbeale50 at hotmail.com> wrote

Seems like nothing is working. I input the corrected text as before and have even tried going back to setting slower speeds which match the options which are apparent when checking my dock options on the Newton. I have 115200, 9600, 4800 and 2400 and if I substitute these values for the 115200 I cannot get the connection. How do I go back to the default value which was originally with osx?

I went back and reread our previous emails...it was my understanding that you were using NCX, but in previous emails you mentioned NCU...were you also using Classic (or OS 9) with it? Above you've mentioned OSX...are you now using NCX to connect?

Sorry, just a few more questions...are you still using the Keyspan adapter? Have you ever been able to connect to NSX at ANY speed with it?

To answer *your* question...when I set up a Newton to sync with NSX I use "9600" in Terminal (replacing the "115200" in the line I sent you)...then after connecting successfully I change it back to "115200".

I don't believe the connection speed edit in Terminal is the problem...any good troubleshooting will substitute a questionable or bad part with a working or good (new) part. Do you have access to another Mac that you might try connecting with it? You'd need to load the Keyspan drivers on it as well, probably.

Thanks,
--Forrest