[NTLK] eBay sale of Newton freeware

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Wed Jun 30 11:36:46 EDT 2010

> For instance, there are literally thousands of auctions for Linux.

Yes...but I always thought that, while the original was open-source, any commercial versions included different or specially-written software, which was the very reason that you would buy it and not just download the free version.

It was interesting when this started, but can we end this thread because
it's actually best to goto the horse's mouth and ask them (the developer)
about this. This would mean contact John Powell directly since he had last
contacted the developer. Because it would only require an answer from the
developer and they (the developer) would only need to contact eBay that this
was a infringement on copyrighted software that he holds the rights to.
There could be other mitigating factors which we are not aware of. Whom ever
the seller is it would speak to their integrity.

I agree with Sonny...perhaps John (Powell) should try and contact the seller again to try and get some answers on this From other postings though it sounds like the seller knows full well that it's freeware...but innocent until proven guilty, as they say.

Thanks,
--Forrest