[NTLK] MP2000 Screen

Bob Carls Dudney kosmicdollop at saber.net
Mon Mar 1 02:59:56 EST 2010

On 26/2/10, Don Zahniser wrote:

>screen..shows wear from on-screen keyboard, up, down and overview
>buttons, close and routing buttons

Sounds like you have/had a stylus that wasn't adequately smooth. A
slight, virtually invisible nick one also can't feel by touching with
finger can be enough to prematurely wear screen. When one sees screen
wear, best to get a new stylus -- at least a new tip for replaceable
ones. Far simpler and cheaper than replacing digitizer or Newt.

Cross stylus by far the least traumatic to digitizer surface, and by
far nicest to use for feel on screen -- closest to writing on paper
because has slight grab compared to virtually none with other styli.

Posts a while back mentioned supplier(s) who still have Cross tips (refills).

All other styli I've tried are harder than the Cross -- perhaps why
they seem more prone to damage from dropping that makes them
traumatic to the screen.

>wax pencils to hide scratches in eyglasses
>does an OK job hiding wear spots

Thanks for that tip!

Happy Newtoning!